Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Foot-ball??!!!


"Look how they massacred my boy."
-- Don Corleone


Yankee$ 12, Red Sox 4
Yankee$ 14, Red Sox 11
Yankee$ 13, Red Sox 5
Yankee$ 8, Red Sox 5
Yankee$ 2, Red Sox 1

No Vaseline.


Let's face it - you're not going to beat the Yankee$ with mediocre pitching and no clutch hits. And with no Wakefield, no Clement, no Varitek, and with Timlin pulling his "Wile E. Coyote v. Road Runner" act. (Will this guy please retire already? Thanks for the memories - here's your gold watch.)

Still, they should have won three of these games. Coulda shoulda woulda - irrelevant. There are 40 games left, but I'm thinking it's time to focus on the Raiders, my football team of choice. Even if the Sox make the playoffs, it's going to be a quick visit. Let's take the higher draft pick. And I still think Theo made the right move holding on to prospects. This was a rebuilding year, and they overachieved for half the season.

Oh and as for the Yankee$, they're not remotely as good as this ass-pounding they gave Boston over the weekend would attest. Their All-$tar Robo-lineup notwithstanding, they don't have the pitching to go very far, and I still say Detroit and Chicago are the teams to beat in the AL.

4 comments:

K. said...

Raiders?!

how are you not a Patriots fan? get on the bandwagon...

Tim said...

Long story, which I will write about at some point. I was an impressionable six year-old and the Raiders were totally badass back then (1976). Not the doormats they are today.

I like the Pats too - my dad is a huge Pats fan, and they've given me something to enjoy in the fall (the Tuck Game notwithstanding) while the Raiders have been sucking the big one for years. My true loyalty is with Oakland though. I'm hoping for a 9-7 season and maybe a squeak into the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

"Yankee$" with a dollar sign? C'mon, T, are you Steve Summers now? I know those Sox are just a bunch of two-bit, no-name bums like the team from Major League, but really now.

Tim said...

If the gold Gucci shoe fits, the Yankee$ have to wear it, my friend. When you've got Gary Sheffield, Bernie Williams, and Jason Giambi coming off the bench at $13 million-plus a pop, you deserve the big old $$$. Like the Summers reference though - he's still keepin' it real in NYC.