Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Uh... Is The Wild Card Still An Option?



Tigers 3, Red Sox 2.

I'm not a violent man, but when the Red Sox lose games like this, it's enough to make me put my fist through a wall. They were losing a pitcher's duel, 2-1, when Papi came through with a big single in the 8th inning to tie the game. I left work at 9:36, took the subway home, clicked on the tube, and ESPNEWS had the nerve to tell me that they lost the game in the ninth inning on a bloop single. Fuckers. Happy, Katie?

Here's the cherry on the ice cream sundae: when I left work, the Yankee$ were losing 3-0 to Baltimore. By the time I got home, they were winning 6-3. MotherF'er! They went on to win the game. The Orioles have to be the most hapless, pathetic team in baseball. Worse than the Pirates. Now Boston is 3 out, 4 in the loss column, and they have one more beating to take tomorrow against Detroit, with Pass-The-Donuts Wells on the mound. Then it's a 5-game set with the Yankee$ for more ass-reaming over the weekend. Ooooh I can't wait.

So, to drown my sorrows, I had two (2) bowls of Lucky Charms for dinner, watched "Rescue Me," and enjoyed some VERY promising previews of the fantastical "Nip/Tuck," coming to a television near you in September. By then, the Red Sox should be 10 games out of first place and warming up their golf clubs for the winter. Fuckers.

No comments: