Friday, September 08, 2006

Asia


After 25 years, this Saturday night I am FINALLY getting a chance to see "Asia," one of my favorite bands from the 80s, and (tongue planted firmly in cheek) the world's first true "supergroup," with ex-members of the bands "Yes" and "Emerson, Lake, and Palmer." I am quite pumped. Sure, the band members are pushing 60 and are not nearly as spry as they once were. But it's ASIA, baby! If the Stones can do it, why can't they?

In honor of this special event, I give you Eric Cartman, singing one of my favorite Asia songs, "Heat of the Moment," to the United States Congress. If only it were this easy to pass decent stem cell legislation in this country.



Now here's the real thing for all you purists out there. This video translates the song lyrics quite literally.



Damn, I'm not getting any work done today.

-- Happy B-day A., wherever you are.

No comments: