Thursday, June 28, 2007

Coming Home


Well, that went by quick. Sunset on another vacation. I just got used to the time switch and now it's time to go home. Waaaaah! The past couple of days I hit the beach/pool, went art shopping in Lahaina -- there were some amazing art galleries there, who knew -- and spent some time crashing a honeymoon (!) with R. and A., this really cool "just married" couple I met by the pool a couple of days ago. They're from Spokane. Now, before you get on my case, I didn't overdo it. I am a veteran third wheel, having had years of practice with my married and coupled friends in New York, so I know when enough is enough. And they seemed to enjoy my company, so there. The funny thing is, A.'s best friend is a member of Domino, a band I've never heard of in New York, and she lives in Williamsburg of all places. How weird.

Anywho, there has been a nasty fire going on in Kihei the past two days, and they've blocked off the road I need to take to the airport. This means that I'll probably have to drive that cliff road again if I want to make my flight. I REALLY don't feel like doing that again, but I may not have a choice. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll open the road.

Well, better start packing and get myself some foods, this is going to be a long 24 hours. I hate it when vacations end, don't you? All that fun and frolick and then WHAM, back to reality. As Paris Hilton said: "It's not RIGHT, it's not RIIIIGHT!"

See you back on the Mainland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking... a little addendum to this blog will be forthcoming. :) safe flying T.