Sunday, July 15, 2007

Scenes From Hawaii, Part II

Here's a second (and final) installment of my Hawaii pics - the best of the rest.

Maui had some weird ass trees growing on its cliffs. Due to volcanic activity (i.e. lava runs), the tree branches were totally barren and shot off in all directions. This closeup captures the chaos.



Here's one of a whole tree.



This is a picture of the island of Lanai, which you can see from Maui on a clear day. (Every day in Maui is a clear day). When the sun was setting, the sky's light changed color every three minutes. Pretty amazing.



Like, we should TOTALLY go on a booze crooze!



Hey ah, you're alone and I'm alone, and ah, it's really nice here isn't it, and wow, that sunset is pretty amazing and ah, well ah.... Oh nevermind.



My wheels.



I wonder what this dude was thinking at this moment?



Rocketman.



Windsurf Panorama.



And we close this series with the prototypical Hawaiian sunset.

2 comments:

Sally Tomato said...

Wow! These pictures are really really great. I've only ever been to Wakiki in 10th grade on a band trip. I need to get out there again and do it up right.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you really are soooooo tan! I'm jealous. Sally only burns.

Tim said...

Thank you.... You would definitely like Hawaii, not so sure about Waikiki. It really has gone the way of Daytona Beach. Band? What instrument did you play?

Sadly, the tan is fading fast. Gonna have to get out on my balcony this weekend and fix that.