Monday, July 02, 2007

Scenes From Hawaii, Part I

Okay, enough with all the negativity. On a distinctly more happy note, below is the first installment of pictures from my Hawaii trip. I'll probably add a couple more batches over the next few days before sending the rest to Flickr. Hope you enjoy.

The first two are from the Pali Lookout Point on Oahu. It was a little cloudy but I think I managed to capture a Land of the Lost feel in the second one.





This one's of a fisherman I took on the southeastern coast of Oahu. I asked his girlfriend's permission before I took the picture. The guy spoke not a single word and didn't even look in my direction. It's funny how similar he looks to the rock in the background.



Here is a pic of friend J. walking, not too far from the fisherman, down to the volcanic rock near the shore.



And now come Lewis & Clark, I mean friends J. and C., surveying the landscape from atop Diamond Head.



Yours truly at the top of Diamond Head, with Waikiki in the background. That's my half-smile, please-take-the-fucking-picture-face.



One of C. and myself at the top of Diamond Head. We were college roommates for two years, and now he lives in California. I miss the bastard. On another note, I think J. did a nice job catching the sun's glare off of our potato noses.



Welcome to Maui. For those of you too stupid to obey your rental car agreements, please sample our one lane cliffside roads with blind turns and no guardrails. (unless you count those flimsy wooden posts and barbed wire in the second one). More, more, more, how do you like it, how do you like it?





I wanted to go on a horsie ride but I was too late.



I really like this one for some reason.



On my last day in Maui, I did some aimless driving and stumbled upon this beach past Paia where I found all these windsurfers and surfboarders taking advantage of the windy day. This guy in the blue sail was unbelievable. He made it look so easy and was catching some nice air. These are some of my favorite pictures.





And last, but not least, here's me, kickin' it Aloha style.



More to come soon....

2 comments:

all carbon said...

Nice shirt! Thanks for the awesome pics of the windsurfer. They make me happy.

Tim said...

Thank you there, AC, I mean "29." I'm sure hoping that 39 is the new 29, or I'm screwed.