Friday, September 21, 2007

Tecktonik, Oh Yeah!


I'm feeling bad because I played "blue" in that last entry and used a lot of naughty words. My bad, sometimes the Rant gets the best of me. So, on this gorgeous Friday, let's go with some lighter fare.

Apparently, over there in Europe (home of the Frenchies and Eyetalians), there's a new dance craze called "Tecktonik" that's sweeping the land. It looks like a cross between break dancing, disco, and an epileptic seizure. The beauty of it is, it's like 80% hand movements. Not too much footsie involved. It's got me thinking that even a lead-shoe'd schlub like me can do it. (Note to self: break out the Tecktonik at this year's firm X-mas Party).

Here's a little taste to get your Weekend Dance Party started RIIIIIGHHT!!! I picked this example out of all the ones I found on YouTube because (1) The lead guy's Flock of Seagulls mullet is kick ass and reminds me of the hairstyle I wore from 1985 through 1987; (2) The song is catchy, has a nice rhythm, and a beat you can dance to; and (3) I've always wanted to dance by myself in the back of a large, empty trailer truck.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great ... im french , im professional dancer :D im living in new york now !!!

Tafari said...

anybody know of classes in new york ? if so my email is tjoldschool@gmail.com