Friday, January 04, 2008

D.A.N.C.E. For Your Friday

Uh yeah, I've been on hiatus. I was away for the New Year with a certain Highlander who came to visit from the Land of the Lochs, and I've been swamped with work since I got back yesterday. I've got plenty to say, but for today, I'm starting small, easing into a fresh, snappy New Year with a simple observation.

I've been out of sorts since Christmas. This time of year (I'm talking end of '07 now) is exhausting, with the buying of presents, traveling back to the Shire, X-mas parties, and the asspack of cloying tourists who infest my great city each holiday season. Now that it's finally over, I can exhale, but my head is still spinning, and I'm trying to get my mentals back to normal.

So, I've been listening to the Sirius radio at work, and today this song came on that's probably been out for like two years, but which I'm just catching now. It's called D.A.N.C.E. by the French electro house band Justice. I don't know them, don't even know what the hell the song is about. And I don't want to know. I'd heard it once before somewheres and I remember not being sure I liked it. It's really pop, with a kiddy backbeat, and it has these simple, candy-coated lyrics that I typically detest. Total campy silliness. But for some reason, when I heard the song this morning, my foggy mood began to lift. I have no idea why.

Maybe there's something about certain sounds that hit my brain in a particular way. Maybe particular songs have sounds that act like an audible hit of Prozac. Maybe we all have our own personal mood enhancers just waiting to be played; we just have to find the ones that work. Isn't it great how music can do that? And isn't it funny how one person's musical anti-depressant is another's suicide note? It's all in how it hits the ears, peeperinos...

Here's my latest, if you're interested. Try not to be sick.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. a bit of a let down. While I am glad your blogging is resurfacing and I know you are busy - But, I was really hoping for a MUCH more interesting and humorous tale to be told.

Don't worry though T, I will still be checking back regularly. :)

Tim said...

You'll take what you get and LIKE it.

K. said...

Weak. I was also expecting much more...guess it'll have to wait 'til monday.

And as for the song, Sharp-Chedder-Cheesey!!!

Tim said...

Please see above. Oh, and btw, did you catch the score of the Celtics-Pistons game last night? Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Probably not the best idea to be talking to two of your most loyal blog readers that way. There are lots of other blogs out there, you know?

Speaking of which... just how long will it be taking you to write your next entry? You have had a whole weekend now - and... nada. Really need to pick up the pace T. or Katieg and I may have to start looking elsewhere. Head off to somewhere where we are readership is appreciated.

So hop to it sparky!

K.

P.S.

Thanks for crowning me Miss America!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops.. that was supposed to read "where our readership is appreciated"