Thursday, October 01, 2009

Some Things I've Concluded

It's easier to stay in shape in Utah than New York.

It's not all Don Draper's fault.

Organized religion is for the foolish, victimized, and/or lazy.

Spring and summer are for photography. Fall and winter are for writing.

I occasionally delude myself.

Obama could cure cancer and Boehner et al. would say he destroyed the drug industry.

Suggesting therapy to anyone over 55 is an exercise in masochism.

Few people act without the threat of a lawsuit.

Fewer people settle without the threat of significant attorneys fees and/or compensatory damages.

No job is perfect; the best one can hope for is to like it at least 75% of the time.

Buy used, don't lease.

2 is better than 1.

The right dog is better than the wrong woman.

We live in a world of strict duality.

I subscribe to too many magazines.

That crick in my neck isn't going anywhere.

Too many people like the sound of their own voice.

Too many people have sex tapes.

Too many people annoy me.

Anger is an en-er-gy.

The words "blast" and "attack" are overused in the news media.

It's not about Republican or Democrat or the good of America, it's about making money and staying in power.

If I've got nothing nice to blog, don't blog at all.

4 comments:

Small Stuff said...

No, but it IS largely Dick Whitman's fault. Just sayin'. The man's not innocent, but he definitely demands your rapt attention any time he's on screen.

Tim said...

Flawed he is, indeed. But c'mon, the guy has beautiful women throwing themselves at him, even when he's trying to be a good boy. And let's remember where poor Dick came from. The man's got demons. Contrast him with Pete Campbell, who's had every advantage in life and is still chasing poon and impregnating (former) subordinates. I'll stick with Dick. I mean Don. I mean Dick.

Small Stuff said...

I too will stick with him. Them. And what WAS the deal with Betty's little petulant moment at the end of the last episode? I don't know whether to gawk at her beauty, slap hand-to-head when she tries to make banal conversation, or just bitchsmack the spoiled outta her.

Tim said...

Betty's becoming a much more interesting character in her own right. I've gone from being mesmerized by her beauty/banality to curious about what she's going to do next. Definitely an improvement. I loved that scene at the cafe table when they were in Italy.