Friday, January 15, 2010

FF - Pants on the Ground

Are you like me? Do you think that a certain gangsta demographic looks absolutely fucking stupid with their designer jeans pulled down to their knees? How do they stay up? They're made that way, right? They're not real jeans, are they? There's got to be some kindo of velcro or elastic involved. Anyway, I can't stand them. I just saw some punk wearing a pair on the subway, not an hour ago.

The foolishness of this look was squarely addressed the other night on American Idol, a show that I rarely watch. On a slow work week, I happened to get home early two nights ago, and tuned in to A.I. to see this 62 year-old gentleman, General Larry Platt, wrap up the show with this disturbingly catchy ditty:



Folks, we have a hit on our hands. A meme. Not seconds later, thousands of people, myself included, updated their Facebook status with some form of the words "fool" and "pants on the ground." Yesterday I couldn't get the song out of my head.

Last night, Neil Young, one of my idols, got into the act:



Damn, Neil makes anything sound good. That was powerful.

NOW PULL UP YOUR FUCKING PANTS!

3 comments:

K said...

I am REALLY hoping that you realize that is actually Jimmy Fallon pretending to be Neil - yes?

Thanks for my kindle!!!!

Tim said...

Yes dear...

Enjoy your Kindle. I'm still waiting for version 4.0.

k said...

Yeah... somehow I don't believe you... your last two sentences don't seem to jive with that answer.