Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thriller


Alright, once in awhile I do a little blog exploring and it's like digging through Russian nesting dolls. You know the kind, where you open one and then there's another, smaller one, then you open that one, and there's another and so on, etc. Well, this morning, still addled from a late night of nothingness and yet, unable to continue sleeping for some reason, I got up at 9 a.m., incredibly early for me on a Saturday, and began a little surfing. I have a few blogs linked here that I enjoy reading, and I plan to add more soon. If you ever venture to one of them, you'll find that they link to others, which link to others, and hence the Russian nesting doll experience.

This morning, I ventured to The Tomato Diaries, a regular read for me. Did I mention that I met Ms. Tomato in person a couple of weeks ago? I did, I did. We knocked back a few pints at Ulysses downtown, and it was quite enjoyable, it was. Apparently a New York blogger underground has sprung up among those snarky commenters at Gawker. Ms. Tomato is a member (I heard they have these bizarre rituals, like a Masonic secret handshake where you tickle the other person's palm with two of your fingers so they know you're one of them. Sally T. wouldn't dish on the rumors of goat sacrifices and pentagrams though.) Me? I'm still steaming up the window from the outside, like an impoverished, prepubescent boy in a Dickens novel. Anywho, Ms. Tomato has some worthy links on her blog, some of which I've explored before. This morning I recrossed paths with Cajun Boy In the City, a blog I actually try to avoid because he gets way more tail than I do and apparently cavorts with models and actresses. Who needs that inferiority reminder on a daily basis? JK, it's actually pretty entertaining and I do pay a visit once in awhile. Today's was well worth it, because I found a link to this little gem, which made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes. (Oh and he found it on Gawker, which brings us full circle, dunnit?)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 1500 prisoners of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center performing that Michael Jackson classic, "Thriller"!!!



And you thought criminals couldn't be rehabilitated. Personally, I think the boobsling-wearing dude who plays the damsel in distress deserves an Emmy. Or whatever award they give to Filipino prisoners who recreate classic 80s videos.

Oh and there's something positively Guantanamo about this video, I just can't put my finger on it. . . .

No comments: