Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Iron Man


Okay, Iron Man has never been at the top of my list of favorite super heroes. He's always been a little too clanky and hi-tech for my taste. I like my heroes troubled, guilt-ridden and socially awkward, just like Spidey. I don't think I even own an Iron Man comic book, unless you count the 50 or so Avengers I have in my closet. But throw that all out the window. I just caught the trailer for the new Iron Man movie and F'n Kick F'n Ass! See for yourself. (Women, you may as well stop reading now if you haven't tuned out already.)



Don't it get the blood pumpin'? I love Robert Downey Jr. in almost anything he's in and his smarmy 'tude is perfect for the role of international playboy/douche/arms dealer Tony Stark. Looks to me like he tore a page out of Nick Cage's book in Lord of War. Jon Favreau's directing, so this one will hopefully have some bite to it, unlike the kiss-your-sister-and-hug-your-mamma Spider Man movies. (X-Men? Not so bad.) And check out this supporting cast: Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, and the lovely Nazanin Boniadi:


Mmmmm Boniadi. (As an aside, why are Iranians so friggin' hot and their gubmints so friggin' cuh-razy?? Guess they could say the same thing about us, so neveryoumind. Heard she likes the human rights and has an English accent too. That's what we here at M-A call a triple threat, folks! Gots to start watchin' me some of the General Hospital Night Shifts. Are Luke and Laura still on? Is Scotty still causing trouble?)

Where was I? Oh yeah. Can't wait 'til May.

No comments: